etica combines a high level of experience and proven expertise in all aspects of designing, implementing and running flexible and cost/time-efficient editorial and production solutions for publishers and other organisations that produce text-based materials.
We build trust and loyalty with every client by understanding their goals and objectives, and developing long-term business relationships based on the highest professional standards. We work seamlessly with clients to show how outsourcing integrates with in-house structures and saves costs by maximising publishing efficiency and flexibility, while adhering to schedules and at all times maintaining the quality of the finished product.
We manage extensive and committed publishing teams of project managers, editors, indexers, tablers, readers and designers, and dedicate extensive IT and related resources to providing complete and fully integrated text-processing and typesetting services for those with publishing programmes of any size or complexity. These highly-managed resources, coupled with a comprehensive quality-control and reporting regime, give publishers the control they need, but free them from the burden of the day-to-day administration of the numerous people and diverse processes involved.
In addition, we develop and deliver tailored and highly cost-effective face-to-face and e-learning training solutions that bring the full benefit of our expertise to all concerned with creating, managing and disseminating textual material.
We can provide the following services in any combination:
- Consultancy services for all aspects of editorial and production process management
- The total management of publishing lists and the people and processes required to produce them
- Project management for the editorial and pre-press stages of publishing
- Comprehensive editorial services: substantive editing, copy editing (on screen or hard copy), advice on developing house style, proofreading, indexing, tabling
- Dedicated and tailored training for editors, authors and all others requiring guidance on editorial and production matters
- Abstract and synopsis writing
- Page design and layout, and typesetting using conventional, DTP or XML-based systems such as XPP
- Rekeying and data capture
- Scanning and touching-up line and continuous tone illustrations, including scanning from transparencies, negatives and original artwork
- Cover and jacket designs and cover copywriting
- Production of printer- and web-ready files for print or dual print/e-use
- Print-buying services
- Translation services
In fact, the whole ethos of etica is to work with clients to create and implement a solution for any editorial or production issue that they face.
The next step ...
If you wish to know more about how etica can help improve editorial and
production efficiency in your publishing activities, please
contact us and we will be pleased to discuss matters further.